Will Someone Steal My TV Idea?
Date: Replaying NOW
The NUMBER ONE FEAR of anyone with a new idea for a television show is … will the people I pitch it to steal it?
You know you have a good idea, but doesn’t that just make it even more vulnerable?
Other great benefits to be revealed:
- Number One way to NOT SELL your show
- When’s the right time to register your work
- Top three places execs look for new shows
- How to cure pitch paralysis
- What makes an idea original
- How to avoid the most commonly pitched concepts
- Where to meet studio executives
- The myth behind stories of stolen concepts
- How to pitch dozens of times in one day
- If the Web is the right place to showcase your idea
We will address and allay all your pitching fears, including:
- Can a network just take my idea and do it without me?
- Is a Submission Release Form a license to steal?
- The truth behind stories of stolen TV ideas
- What can or can’t I do to protect my idea
- How safe is my title?
- Are TV conferences the wild west of idea robberies?
- Copyright protection myths
- Will my paranoia destroy my pitch or sabotage my chances?
- Are my characters at risk, too?
- Is a WGA registration enough protection?
- Will a Non-Disclosure Form protect me or destroy my pitch?
- What’s my best safeguard against being ripped off?
(The answer may surprise you!)
- Common themes pitched to all networks
- Plus Interviews with:
- Patric Verrone
- Former President of the WGA and head writer/co-executive producer on Futurama
- Patric will talk about protection offered by the WGA
- He will share his views on if you should worry about your idea being stolen
- Marc Zicree
- Writer/Producer on Star Trek, Sliders, Babylon 5 about protecting his ideas (or not)
- Linda Simensky
- Sr VP PBS Kids, formerly Sr VP Original Animation Cartoon Network
- Joel Andryc
- Executive at Saban, Fox Family Channel, ABC Family Channel
- Wayne Carter
- WGA writer and expert witness for script theft trial
Here’s a sample of our guest interviews:
- We answered your questions about protecting your idea LIVE on the webinar
At the end of this webinar, you will feel 100% better about how to protect your show, whether your fears were valid or not and will look like a pro when you pitch.
NO TRAVEL NEEDED. Join us from the comfort of your home or office.
Everything You Need to Know
Who should attend:
TV Show Creators
Anyone who is concerned about someone stealing their idea!
Date: Replaying NOW
Where: Web from anywhere
Bonuses: All attendees will also receive a workbook featuring:
- Lists of links and downloads for protecting your work
- Lists of where you can pitch dozens of times in one day
- Sample submission release forms
- Copyright form
- Industry resources
- Budget software links
- Scriptwriting software links
How It Works
- Go to www.HitMakerSeminar.com to register (or click below)
- Pay for the event on our secure server with Visa, Amex or MC
- You’ll receive the Hit Maker Seminar participant info
- We’ll send you reminder e-mails with login info
- Use your computer and/or phone at home
Avoid overseas charges by listening online or use Skype
- Login or phone in on February 28th.
Get PROTECTED NOW!
To join us on this call, simply click on the REGISTER NOW button. Once your purchase is complete, you will receive the Master Class webinar information.
Hosted by Mark & Jeanne Simon, founders of SellYourTvConceptNow.com.
Mark is a Hollywood veteran of over 25 years and has worked on over 3,000 productions, landed over 25 distribution deals (Comedy Central, Nicktoons, G4), written 10 industry books and won over 100 international awards for shows he has produced and directed. He has worked with many networks on concept development.
Jeanne has produced over 500 episodes of TV for Nickelodeon, TNN, Animal Planet and Cartoon Network. She also created an entire network, and all content 24/7, for Turner Broadcasting. Plus, she’s co-developed numerous shows with Mark which have been sold and seen around the world.
Sponsored by ProductionHUB.com
What if I can’t make it for the beginning of the event?
No problem. Our TeleSummits are recorded. The replays for paid registrations are available immediately after the TeleSummit ends. You may re-listen and re-watch the event as often as you like.
Do I have to travel for these seminars?
No. You may attend from the comfort of your own home. All you need is a phone and an internet connection.
What if live overseas or outside of the U.S.?
This is what is so great about our web-based teleseminar technology. You can listen to our web-streamed audio/ slideshow without incurring any overseas or out of country phone charges.
What about long distance charges?
When listening by phone, you will be responsible for any applicable long-distance charges. However, we also offer the ability to listen to the audio via the web to help you avoid long-distance charges.
Our service also has a list of U.S. nationwide local numbers. You may find these athttp://InstantTeleseminar.com/Local/
Skype may also be used to join our webinars. Dial in using the Skype address ‘joinconference’ and open the dial pad to enter the conference ID.
Using Skype to join our seminars with no long distance charges.
Add ‘joinconference’ as a contact.
Select ‘joinconference’ and click on the Call button.
Will I be able to listen and watch the slide shows with my iPhone or iPad?
No. Our web streaming audio and slide show are Flash-based. Apple does not support flash on either the iPhone or the iPad yet. You will be able to access the event phone numbers and conference codes on the iPhone and iPad, but you will not be able to access the actual audio or slides shows on the devices.
What if I can’t make the seminar after I pay for it?
Don’t worry. We record every event. A recording of the audio and any applicable slide show will be available for replay immediately after the event ends.
How can I see any slide shows in your events? Do I need any special software?
No special software is needed other than the typical Flash players. However, we do not recommend signing in through AOL.com, as there are known compatibility issues.
We also recommend you use a recent version of Explorer, Firefox or Chrome web browsers.
You can download the free Flash player plugin online at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
Can I ask a question before the seminar starts, in case I can’t make the live call?
Yes. You will have access to the event page weeks before the event begins. We have a Submit Questions box on the page which you may use at any time before or during the event.
If I am listening to the seminar online, how will I be able to ask questions?
You may use our Submit Questions box before and during the seminar.
How long do your webinars last?
The actual length varies depending on the questions we get. We like to answer as many as we can. Generally our events are at least 2 hours.
What if I don’t like your event?
We hope you will get more out of our events than you expect. However, if there is a problem or if you happen not to get everything you expected, you may ask for a refund within 2 weeks of the program (or 2 weeks of purchasing a replay).
Is there someone I can call if I have a question about one of your events?
Absolutely. You may call our offices at 407-351-0893 from 9-5 EST, Monday – Friday.