Is It Good Enough?
YOUR SHOW COMES TO LIFE HERE
You have a definite idea or ideas you want to focus on.
You may have even shot some video of the show, or aired a version on local television.
Perhaps you made a brief YouTube video of it. Or you have a treatment, script or some other related materials.
You know you have something, but WHAT is it exactly?
Where does it have the best chance of selling?
And is it good enough?
This path will take your pitch to the next level if you …
- ORIENT yourself to the process, pitfalls and possibilities of selling a TV series.
- FOCUS your energy and efforts on your best pitch through TV Concept Breakthrough Sessions, feedback and reviews.
- DEVELOP a TV treatment that promotes all the strongest elements of your pitch.
- DELIVER a script or format that illuminates the full potential of your show.
FREE AUDIO AND INTRODUCTORY TELEVISION TRAINING COURSE
“How to Sell a TV Show in 26 Easy Steps”
Selling a TV show may seem like an impossible task when looking from the outside, but when you follow these 26 easy INSIDER steps you’ll see how ANYONE can sell an idea IF THEY ARE PROFESSIONALLY PREPAIRED.
- There’s never been a better opportunity to sell an idea
- How many channels are looking for a show like yours
- Anyone can sell an idea if you follow the 26 steps to be professionally prepared.
- Hollywood insider secrets to pitching like a pro.
- Which classic mistakes can doom your project right from the start.
- How working with a mentor can save you years of wasted time and thousands of wasted dollars.
- How a TV treatment is much more than just a sales tool.
- How to land an agent.
- Network executives’ number one complaint about pitches.
- A downloadable PDF handout of the entire 26 steps!
- Simple exercises to help you overcome obstacles and achieve your goal faster.
Fill out this brief form, watch your email for a message from us, and take the first step to achieving your Hollywood dream RIGHT NOW.
TV CONCEPT BREAKTHROUGH SESSIONS
Now that you have your show and pitch materials developed, you’re ready for a personal one-on-one breakthrough session with Mark or Jeanne that puts your materials through a trial of fire and prepares you for the pressure of a live pitch.
You only get one chance when you go in to a pitch, so INVEST IN YOURSELF and your pitch to make sure you do it RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.
- One-on-one mentoring
- Expert review of all materials written or recorded
- Expert analysis and feedback on presentation, storytelling, character development, writing style & tone, and visual impact
- We’ll make sure you have what the networks want to see.
- Professional live pitch evaluation and preparation, including target markets, questions to anticipate, answers to provide, how to make yourself ESSENTIAL to be a producer on the show, and how to follow up
- Sizzle Reel evaluation
- Recording of the session provided for ongoing reference, and so you don’t have to worry about taking notes during the session.
We call these “BREAKTHROUGH SESSIONS” because, in one session, we can take your idea and turn it into an actual television show. At the end of every session, you will get an action plan so you will know what to do next and exactly how to get it done.
This is our most powerful launch to your experience working together with us. We become your mentors; you are not alone.
This is where your idea really starts to become a reality.
“We felt that you really understood what was needed and in 60 minutes we got enormous value and direction. You exceeded our expectations in spades.”
- Simon and Tessa Wiltshire
BOOK A SESSION: Call 407.351.0893 and tell our receptionist that you’d like to book a session. Please have your calendar available.
Every network executive wants to see a treatment on a TV show pitch either together with the pitch or in follow-up to the pitch. The treatment covers all the elements which define the scope of the show, including:
- TARGET AUDIENCE
- SAMPLE EPISODES
- SERIES ARC
- And MORE!
If you need a treatment, we write a great one with you and for you. If you already have a treatment, we will help you improve, revise, edit and perfect it. Never walk into a pitch meeting without this tool. This is direct evidence that you have carefully thought your show through, considered all angles, and are serious about selling it and getting it on the air.
GET HELP WITH YOUR TREATMENT: Call 407.351.0893 and tell our receptionist that you’d like to talk with some one about your treatment.
“Every dream in all of Hollywood is to discover a new talent, all shiny and polished and ready to go. That’s what Mark and Jeanne’s training did for our client, Margaret.”
- Phillipa Burgess, Partner Creative Convergence
If your idea involves a scripted show such as a sit-com or a dramatic series, it would be a huge mistake not to have a sample script ready and available. You simply must have one. Not only does it better protect your idea (a title is not copyrightable, but a script WITH a title attached IS), but it …
- MUST be immediately available if the producer or exec likes your pitch.
- gives you more control from the start over the process of developing your show,
- supports your case as a PRODUCER of the show, AND it
- provides the executive a clear idea of the tone, approach, flow, style, comedy or drama of your show.
Even if you are pitching a reality show, a sample, scripted format of the show detailing how an episode might play out is a big plus to get your vision across.
Script service includes:
- YOUR COLLABORATION with a professional scriptwriter
- YOUR APPROVAL of a pilot episode story outline
- FIRST DRAFT SCRIPT for your notes and comments
- FINAL POLISHED SCRIPT ready for submission
Scripts and treatments are persuasive examples of commitment to your idea that firmly demonstrate to an executive just how serious you are, and just how involved you need to be in the day-to-day business of making your show exactly what you want it to be.
Deliver what a real producer provides … A PILOT SCRIPT.
“Yeah! Another place I will attend. First Honolulu, now Vegas. What a country! 7th win by the way. Good job Wayne!”
- Rick Brandelli, creator of ”Sunset Fire”
(Email he sent us when he found out the pilot script had won 1st place in the Las Vegas Film Festival short screenplay contest – one of NINE festival wins so far in 2011.
The pilot script written by Wayne Carter of Sell Your TV Concept Now.)
GET HELP WITH YOUR SCRIPT: Call 407.351.0893 and tell our receptionist that you’d like to talk with some one about your script.
Your Show is a NO-GO without a 1-Sheet!
Now that you’ve got your script, your main leave-behind is a 1-sheet.
This is the industry standard leave-behind for any pitch or meeting.
It’s the indispensable calling card for instantly imprinting your concept into an exec’s mind and memory.
In an era when no one wants to read anything longer than “how r u,” the 1-Sheet is an even more valuable tool to visually communicate what your show is all about in seconds.
Our designers and writers will:
• Make a powerful visual impression that tells the story and appeal of your show
• Feature a show overview that makes immediate impact
• Give you professional credibility as a Hollywood insider
• Include episode descriptions that prove your show can sustain multiple seasons
• Make excellent covers for treatments, which you can also blow up to use as a poster.
Basic Package: $2,297
• 2 phone design consults with our expert team
• 12 hours of design and layout ($140/hour after 12 hours)
• Information/ Text design
• Professional editing and proofreading of text
• Background visual design
• Image/photography retouch
• Title logo design for on 1-sheet only
• Consult with photographer or artist when needed
• Each design element may be delivered separately
• Content review/consult with Jeanne Simon
• Delivery of print-ready final design
GET HELP WITH YOUR 1-SHEET: Call 407.351.0893 and tell our receptionist that you’d like to talk with some one about your 1-sheet.
“Yes, I am pleased that Rick’s project is in consideration at DirecTV. I sure found it valuable to have this show in my quiver. In each instance it raises my own viability for the next pitch. It sure is fun to toss around your excellent 1-sheets. You guys did a KILLER JOB with that one.”
– Doug Stanley, Producer “Deadliest Catch”